3625 Cumberland Blvd SE Ste 1100
Job Number: 18127
Pay Rate: 50.00
Product Owner – Customer Information System (CIS)
The Product Owner will be part of a team responsible for managing our CIS, collaborating with business partners, product owners, developers, and vendor partners to establish business and technical requirements and drive them through to a successful delivery of enhancements and new functionality. You will also monitor, manage, and report system performance and manage any issues to resolution.
The Product Owner works across the organization to ensure our CIS supports our users, customers, and business. Supporting end users is one of our top priorities, you will be responsible for understanding how users interact with the system and lead changes to address any gaps and drive operational efficiencies. Our customer experience (CX) is equally as important. You will regularly review performance data and partner with our Customer Experience team to ensure that the system is supporting our customers as expected and drive any recommended improvements. When something breaks, you work to understand the issue and lead the effort to get it fixed.
In addition, you will be responsible for working with product stakeholders and vendor partners to develop our product strategy and keep the company abreast of new system functionality and platform enhancements that support our commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
A successful candidate for this role is proactive, curious, creative and a good critical thinker. It bugs you when technology is hard to use or provides a poor customer experience. You are organized, demonstrate a strong attention to detail, thorough and have effective communication skills – both written and verbal. You can provide consultative direction to your internal stakeholders as to how best to meet their needs. You can see and understand the big picture, setting the strategies yet also being curious enough to understand downstream impacts of decisions. You are self-motivated and accountable. You can work independently but also love being part of a team that collaborates to achieve common goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, or another related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of operations, product management and/or systems experience with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from the envisioning stage through implementation, involving both internal and external personnel.
- Analytical skills with ability to identify problems and opportunities, weigh the relevance and accuracy of information, generate, and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Prefer knowledge of the platforms, software, and programs used by Customer including a functional understanding of one or more of the following: Oracle or other CIS products, self-service technologies, and payment technologies.
More details on what you would be responsible for:
- Partner with product stakeholders and other leaders on product strategy and execution.
- Partner with stakeholders to continually prioritize and refine the product backlog.
- Drive the product discovery process and effectively communicate business requirements.
- Perform and execute regular operational processes supporting the customer experience and system performance.
- Identify and implement process improvements to simplify system management and eliminate drivers of customer dissatisfaction.
- Identify, define, and document processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency of CIS and product management team.
- Utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business and system KPI’s and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements.
- Analyze issues to identify root cause and determine solutions to address.
- Work with vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business goals and strategies.
- Establish communications standards to ensure stakeholders are always informed of system performance, issue status and product backlog.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects, partnering effectively with PMO, internal stakeholders and external vendor resources to consult and recommend solutions.
- Perform acceptance testing of optimizations and new features to ensure requirements have been fulfilled.
- This position requires a minimum of 5+ years of operations, product management and/or systems experience with a proven track record of achieving results. Please describe in detail your ex